I learned how to make these by a retired wedding cupcake maker a few years ago and have made them every Christmas since. They are easy, amazing and a must try.
1 Duncan Hines Devils Food cake mix
1 Large package of instant chocolate pudding
1 Package of Trader Joe's Peppermint Jo jo's (or peppermint oreos)
- Make the cake mix according to directions (oil, water, egg etc) and add the pudding powder at the end before baking.
- Line muffin tin with cupcake papers
- Place a spoonful of batter in the bottom of paper placing a cookie on top and covering with another spoonful of batter (make sure the cup isn't too full of batter adjust accordingly)
- Bake according to package directions
2 Cubes of unsalted butter at room temp (those details are a must for yummy frosting- don't skip)
1/2 tsp of salt
3 and 3/4 Cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 tablespoons milk
- Combine all ingredients except for the milk thoroughly and add milk at the end.
- Wait till cupcakes are completely cooled to frost
you can either spread on think with a knife or place a large frosting tip in the corner of sandwich bag. Cut off small tip of sandwich bag and push frosting tip out so exposed. fill bag with frosting, twist the top shut and frost cupcakes.