For those of you who are trying to get that bod in swimsuit shape for the summer and love a hearty salad try this one! I seriously inhaled this one and it was a piece of cake to make. If you haven't been able to tell I've been trying to eat more plant based whole foods and share my recipes. I am feeling awesome and have had so much fun trying new fun ingredients. Even if you consider yourself a picky eater, I don't care it's worth the benefits to make healthier choices.
- 1/2 cup green lentils (if you live near a trader joes they have precooked lentils that are cheap)
- 1/2 cup brown rice (trader joes also has a brown rice medley that you store in the freezer and throw in the microwave for 3 min as is makes for quick prep for this meal)
- 2 large carrots
- 2 radishes
- handful of cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 ribs celery sliced thin
- 1/4 cup currants or craisins
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 4 cups mixed greens or any other lettuce. I used mixed greens mixed with kale
- Drizzle of balsalmic vinegar over the top
- Cook rice and lentils according to package directions. Set aside to cool. While the rice and lentils are cooking, prep the rest of your ingredients.
- Assemble all tossing