I made these breakfast enchiladas for our blessing brunch. They are so, so good and very easy to make. The recipe is technically an overnight recipe (make it the night before and bake it the next day) but the first time I made it I just cooked it right away and the second time I put together the burrito the night before and then poured the egg mixture on the next morning and baked it right away. Super good and super tasty. You can just add whatever you want into the burrito!
Breakfast EnchiladasRecipe from Inspired Taste Blog
Why we love this recipe. You can prepare these enchiladas the night before, refrigerate overnight then bake in the morning. These are perfect for brunch or entertaining in the morning.
What you need to know. We kept the recipe below quite simple with ham, cheese and peppers, but feel free to add your favorite ingredients. Cooked bacon or sausage would be great as well as other vegetables like mushrooms.
Equipment you’ll need. You will need a 13×9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish, two large bowls and a whisk.
Created By: Joanne and Adam Gallagher
- 2 cups (151 grams) diced cooked ham
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 8 green onions, finely sliced
- 2 cups (227 grams or 8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 eight-inch flour tortillas
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups (473 ml) half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Prepare Baking Dish
- Lightly spray 13×9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, stir together ham, bell pepper, green onions and 1 cup of the cheese. Place 1/3 cup of the ham mixture down the center of each tortilla; roll up and place seam side down in baking dish.
Prepare Egg Mixture
- In large bowl, whisk eggs, half-and-half, flour and the salt. Pour over the tortillas. Cover then bake or refrigerate overnight to be baked in the morning.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). Uncover baking dish then scatter the remaining cup of cheese over enchiladas. Cover baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 35 minutes. Uncover, and then bake 10 to 15 minutes longer or until set and cheese melted.