This is really easy to make, vegan, healthy and filling and really yummy. It's easy to thrown in a tortilla, add a handful of spinach or mixed greens, sprinkle on some vinaigrette and you're good to go. Also, I didn't add the banana pepper just cause I didn't want to buy one, but added a little siracha sauce to make it spicy. Also, don't be afraid to drain the extra water once the potatoes are done cooking.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 banana pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans, with liquid
- 1 white potato, peeled and diced
- 4 whole wheat tortillas, warmed
- In a large sauté pan, over medium heat warm the oil for about a minute. Add the carrot, onion, banana pepper, and garlic. Cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently. When the vegetable have started to soften, add the cumin, red pepper, cayenne and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the garbanzo beans with their liquid and 1 cup water. Bring to a boil. Add the potato and simmer for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
- Wrap in warm tortillas with fresh spinach and serve.