|photo from realmomkitchen.com|
Recipe from realmomkitchen.com
- 1 white cake mix
- 1 (3 oz) box of strawberry gelatin
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup of frozen sliced strawberries in syrup, thawed
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup frozen sliced strawberries in syrup, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin tins with 24 cupcake liners.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the cake mix, gelatin, oil, 1/2 cup of the strawberries, and water until combined. Then beat in the eggs 1 at a time until well incorporated.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 of the way full with batter, do not over fill. If you have extra batter then make a couple more cupcakes because if you over fill the liners the cupcakes will spill over the edges and you will have more of a flat top cupcake.
- Bake at 350 for about 16 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Allow to cool.
- Place the 2/3 cup of strawberries into a blender and puree. Place the butter in a bowl and using a mixer beat until smooth.
- Add half the powdered sugar to the butter and beat until all combined and fluffy. Then beat in the strawberry puree until well blended.
- Beat in the remaining powdered sugar until combined and fluffy. Pipe frosting onto cooled cupcakes.