Wow! These were so mouth-watering-ly good! Even Mom ranted and raved
about them. If you don't want to make it on the Texas Toast, then put it on a salad
or a bun. The meat flavoring is so good!
Cheesy BBQ Sloppy Joe's
from Southern Living magazine
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup bottled barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapeño peppers (optional)
- 1 tablespoon liquid from pickled jalapeño peppers (optional)
- 1 (11.25-oz.) package frozen garlic Texas toast
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
Preparation1. Brown ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often, 8 to 10 minutes or until beef crumbles and is no longer pink; drain well. Return to skillet. Stir in tomatoes, next 3 ingredients, and, if desired, jalapeño peppers and liquid. Cover and cook 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, prepare Texas toast according to package directions. Serve beef mixture over Texas toast; sprinkle with cheese.